The Greater Grand Junction Sports Commission is a nonprofit agency with the mission of representing the Grand Junction area in attracting new sports, enhancing existing sports and delivering customer service-driven events that positively impact our economy and community.
The organization is a collaborative effort between Colorado Mesa University, the City of Grand Junction, Mesa County, the City of Fruita and the Town of Palisade.
The GGJSC serves as an advocate to local amateur, collegiate and professional sports organizations because we understand the cultural importance of sports in our community.
GGJSC is working to ensure Grand Junction becomes the top sports town in the Rocky Mountain Region.
The Grand Junction community has a longstanding history of supporting successful sporting events. Whether we’re hosting the Junior College World Series, cheering on the Grand Junction Rockies or watching mountain bike races, marathons, the Colorado Special Olympics, the USA Cycling championships and more, the foundation is in place to make your athletic event a success.
What can the GGJSC do for your event?
- Develop local organizing committees
- Assist in the permit application process
- Guide event marketing and promotional planning
- Lead volunteer recruitment
- Serve as the area venue and municipality liaison
- Schedule and conduct site visits and inspection
- Provide logistical support
- Arrange transportation
- Act as resource event managers
- Coordinate event welcome and ambassador efforts
- Distribute event press material
- Promote events
- Develop event bids
- Execute all aspects of hosting event
- Assist with room blocking and tracking
- Conduct an economic impact analysis
- Develop venue audits
Please contact us –> for more information
Grand Junction Sports Commission | C/O Colorado Mesa University
Lowell Heiny Hall, Office 452 | 1100 North Avenue | Grand Junction, CO 81501
(p) 970.248.1378 | email@example.com